Meson Physics of a Condensed Matter Laboratory
carries out the investigations of the various compounds on the muon channel of the PNPI synchrocyclotron making use of the
- The study of the magnetic phase transitions and the local magnetic fields in the RMn2O5 manganites.
- The study of the multiferroics TbMnO3 and TbxBi1-xMnO3.
- The study of the CoFe2O4- and MnFe2O4-ferrofluids dispersed in the H2O water.
- The study of the phase transitions in the chromium steels.
Now a group physicists of Laboratory of meson physics and a condensed matter PNPI take a part
in the investigations at ANKE
spectrometer. Topics of these measurements are:
- Investigation of ω- and φ-meson production in pn-interactions
close-to-threshold and experimental prove of Okubo-Zweig-Izuka (OZI) rule
in this channel;
- Test of an isospin invariance in Λ- and Σ0,± -hyperons production in
pp- and pn-interactions;
- Investigation of a Λ(1405)-resonance and antikaon interactions with nucleons and light nucleus in the reaction of K+ K- and K0 pair production
- Investigation of the φ-meson's properties modification in nuclear matter.